Monday, October 17, 2016

Reading Notes: Sita Sings the Blues, Part A

I typically am not a huge fan of cartoons like this but I actually didn't mind this one. I liked how colorful it was and I really enjoyed the commentary. It was comical to me how they struggled to get the story straight between the three of them. I thought it was weird that Lakshamana wasn't in this cartoon. In Narayan's Ramayana he was there in the forest with Sita and Rama. I was a it confused with the correlation between the people who moved to India and The Ramayana. That part didn't make much sense to me. Overall though, I really liked the first half of the movie. It kept me interested the whole time and gave me an even better understanding of The Ramayana. 

Bibliography:
Sita Sings the Blues 2008
by: Nina Paley 

No comments:

Post a Comment