Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Reading Notes: Nine Ideal Indian Women: Sita, Promila, and Shakuntala, Part A



I decided that for my last reading I would read about Indian women. So far I've really enjoyed learning of Sita's background. They each have such unique story. I thought it was interesting that the word sita means furrow. I was surprised to find that Sita was actually found inside of a furrow in a gold gharrah (pitcher). It was said to be buried in the ground. How was a baby alive inside of a pitcher, buried underground? Well I guess things do not have to make logical sense in epics. I am eager to read more about the other two women. I like that there are stories that solely focus on the india women. That's pretty neat to me. I hope I can come up with a great story this week after reading the Nine Ideal Indian Women!

Bibliography:
Author: Sunity Devee

No comments:

Post a Comment