Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Reading Notes: The Ramayana- Part C

There was a great story in the chapter Vali. It told of the misunderstandings between two brothers Vali and Sugreeva- monkeys. They were not typical monkeys though, they knew right from wrong so they were not just animals. And Vali was blessed by Shiva with unlimited strenght. In Vali's fight with Mayavi he had disappeared and upon his return had mistaken Sugreeva's actions to find Vali and make sure he was okay. Vali brutally beat his brother causing him to run away and then stealing his wife. Sugreeva asked for Rama's help to defeat his brother. I think that this could become such an interesting story. Brother's are always fighting I could turn this into a less serious quarrel between young kids. I liked this chapter because in the end Vali was able to realize what he had done and was able to be forgiven for his actions. Rama treated him as more than a monkey and he was honored because of it!

(Rama, Sugreeva and Vali)

Bibliography
Narayan's Ramayana, link to Reading Guide A.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you manage to turn this into a story too. It sounds pretty fun. The kid version anyway. You could add even more people if you wanted, and have it be a "Little Rascals," type story. Miniture, comical versions of the characters. They could even think "boys rule, girls drool," until Sita joins their class or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say I'm glad someone does 4am catch up commenting like me. Thanks for keeping me company. (:

    ReplyDelete