Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Reading Notes: The Ramayana Part D

Wow, what an intriguing ending. This epic was embellished with so much imagery and action which made me truly love it. I LOVE the Interlude. I read someone's story they wrote based on the interlude about how Sita had to prove herself to Rama by stepping into the fire and I loved the twist they put on it. I would like to work my magic on this part as well and see what I can come up with. I think there are so many details leading up to that moment and the suspense build up is off the charts. I also feel her walking through a fire is so poetic, just goes to show the crazy things people will do for the ones they truly love. I found it so odd that Rama spent all that time and effort to save Sita just to tell her they could never live together again, however I am glad they ended up together. In the student story I read Sita actually left Rama since he doubted her. It was very empowering and I liked that alternate ending. I need to brainstorm some more but I think maybe I could add an even bigger twist to this part of the story!! I think I will do a portfolio for the class project so I'm eager to write a strong story for my portfolio this week!! 

I thought this picture showing Sita's fire test was really neat. I love the colors used here. 
Narayan's Ramayana, link to Reading Guide A.

No comments:

Post a Comment